Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine’s annual list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
- You will be working with our engineering team to design and deliver new features for our web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with our teams and designers to rapidly improve our user-facing applications
- Analyze data to improve every aspect of our users’ experiences
What We Look For:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- An understanding of REST API-Driven Microservices & Micro Frontends
- Strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns, preferably Redux.
- People who are passionate about what they do and about improving the lives of others
- 3-5 years software development experience, delivering commercial products to market
- Experience with optimizing web applications for performance and accessibility
- History of effectively collaborating with creative, technical, and business teams
- A passion for UX/UI design or familiarity with UX/UI principles
- An understanding of MVC web application frameworks, preferably Django
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, scalable, readable, and testable code
- A belief in Agile methodologies, while still knowing how and when to adapt them to fit a team and projects
- A firm understanding of data design and both relational database and NoSQL databases
- Bonus points for experience with AWS and Docker
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive salary + equity
- 401k with company match
- Health / Dental / Vision insurance
- Gym + Public Transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- While we’ve mainly operated remotely since early 2020, we’re excited to move into our brand new home at 2400 Market St. when conditions allow. Currently under construction, our new office will incorporate all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views. We can’t wait to make our new space in Center City’s vibrant Fitler Square neighborhood our own and we’re looking for passionate & motivated folks to help us grow into it together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!