About the Team
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer internship? At PetSmart, we are committed to developing future business leaders. Join our Finance team this summer as a Digital Process Automation Intern and thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
About the Job
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Experience the Procurement Department of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand as you work with a team of experienced procurement professionals to support business partners across the enterprise.
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business. You’ll assist developing internal category spend strategies on verticals that can include marketing, technology, supplies, etc.
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders.
- Work as a liaison between Petsmart and vendor partners, learn about assessing supplier capabilities, evaluating proposals, and developing service level agreements.
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Junior pursuing a degree in Finance, Supply Chain or other related field of study.
- You’re a team player who is proactive, curious, and eager to learn.
- Interest in sourcing, negotiation, and puppies!
- You love variety in your workday, “no day is the same” sounds like something you would love.
- You’re a people person! You love meeting new people and building relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
About the Culture
What’s in it for you?
- 10-week paid summer internship!
- Small team and start up feel with-in the corporate space.
- Connect and socialize with other PetSmart associates early in their career as part of the StartSmart associate resource group.
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual “PetSmart Interns Give Back” day.
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- Enjoy our campus amenities: “Top Dog” gym fitness center, Dog park, Starbucks station, Sit&Stay Café.