Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
The associate scientist is responsible for the preparation of samples for preclinical and clinical serology studies to support vaccine development & clinical studies. This work will be performed within the Robotics and Automation area of the High-throughput Clinical Immunoassay and Diagnostics (HCID) group within Pfizer Vaccine Research & Development (VRD). The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing manual and robotic sample preparation, instrument qualification, and data organization. In addition, the associate scientist may train other analysts. All work is to be performed in a compliant manner, according to applicable SOPs and cGxP guidelines, as required.
- Performs sample preparation for preclinical and clinical serology assays to support vaccine development and clinical studies.
- This includes manual and robotic sample preparation, use and maintenance of appropriate equipment, and preparation of relevant reagents. With the guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent performs moderately complex experiments and calculations, and discusses conclusions.
- Completes required documentation for all laboratory work.
- This includes the use of laboratory information management systems and/or paper forms.
- May participate in the qualification of new instruments and robotic methods following established protocols or scripts.
- Satisfactorily completes all required laboratory, cGxP and safety training, in conformance with departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGxP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- May train other analysts on established, basic technologies that he/she has become proficient.
- BS or MS degree in a relevant field of science.
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science acquired in academic/industrial setting.
- Strong communication and computer/technical skills.
- Experience using robotic liquid handlers.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus