The High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays & Diagnostics (HCID) Team resides under Vaccine Research & Development (VRD) and supports Pfizer’s vaccine programs. HCID’s mission is to develop, validate and maintain various immunoassays to support both pre-clinical and clinical vaccine studies. This laboratory-based position manages assay support functions within the Robotics and Automation Team. Job responsibilities include: (i) providing managerial oversight of assay throughput for assays at various stages within the assay lifecycle; (ii) scheduling of the daily assay throughput; (iii) forecasting short- and long-term project requirements, (iv) assuring appropriate levels of cGXP compliance, including documentation, specimen/data tracking, and audit readiness; (v) maintaining and promoting laboratory safety and compliance and (vi) coaching and development of direct reports.
- Manages the assay support functions within VRD HCID to maintain the timely delivery of assay-ready plates for all assay groups, in support of VRD’s vaccine programs.
- In conjunction with process development and equipment maintenance functions within the Robotics and Automation group, ensures that the proper resources, both human and equipment, are in place to support the various programs.
- Maintains oversight of other required activities, including but not limited to robotic method wet run testing, instrument and method qualification.
- Regularly communicates with both HCID leadership and assay groups in order to assess upcoming testing requirements and to obtain relevant information for the preparation of assay ready plates.
- Prioritizes the scheduling of work according to the requirements set forth by HCID leadership.
- Ensures that all work is performed safely; and regulated tasks/activities are performed in compliance with cGXP and Pfizer/Regulatory agency requirements.
- Manages the team’s performance and development. Assists direct and indirect reports with setting their semester goals and creating a personal development plan. Provides regular coaching to colleagues. Conducts regular performance discussions and year-end performance appraisals.
- Manages a team of 3 to 8 direct reports.
- BS in a scientific discipline with 8 years of industry experience or MS in a scientific discipline with 6 years of industry experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Prior experience in a high throughput setting is preferred, specifically with resource allocation and scheduling of work. Experience with the use of robotic liquid handlers and other laboratory automation equipment. Training in cGxP regulations and other international regulatory guidelines is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays.
- Proven ability to perform basic analyses of laboratory data and interpret the results.
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench or at an office desk using a computer. The job involves lifting relatively light loads, generally not more than 10 pounds.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position may require occasional weekend and evening work to meet critical business timelines. This position may require occasional travel to scientific meetings, between Pfizer sites and other business-related travel.
Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package