We are looking for a highly motivated individual.
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields with a focus on life sciences.
• You are highly self-motivated and eager to learn. You are creative and able to use initiative for independent work.
• A good understanding and working knowledge of various analytical methods for chemical analysis and protein characterization is essential.
• Experience with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry (MS) is essential.
• You will have a flexible and methodical approach to work.
• You are able to work independently to design and conduct experiments, as well as interpret, document, and communicate results.
• You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and effective team-working skills.
• You must be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting timelines.
• You will have self-confidence and motivation to investigate and solve complex problems.
• You will also need to be skilled in good laboratory practice (GLP) and be able to perform tasks to quality standards in a safe environment.
You will be responsible for analytical development activities using state of the art mass spectrometry technology. These activities include the development of LC-MS based analytical methods, the qualification and validation of analytical methods and equipment, and provision of analytical support for the analysis of small and large biologically relevant molecules in biological matrices in line with project timelines.
You will interpret data and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data; report scientific results; work collaboratively in cross-functional teams; solve problems as quickly as possible; all while being aware of, and keeping up to date with, health and safety issues. You will liaise with customers, staff and suppliers.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to apply your enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a small startup in the Philadelphia region.