Phoenix Realty Group (“PRG”), an SEC registered investment adviser that is a vertically-integrated real estate firm with predominantly in multifamily residential assets has three business lines: affordable housing, development, and value-add multifamily. PRG is seeking a highly motivated, highly intelligent, and creative individual with organizational and analytical skills to join its acquisitions team. This position offers an excellent opportunity for the associate to gain experience and grow in many different facets of the real estate business, including acquisitions, financing, development, operations, research, and asset management. In this role, the individual will support an investment team in performing financial analysis, cash flow modeling, due diligence, investment research, property review, strategy whitepapers, hold-sell analyses on existing properties, and investment committee memorandums.
- Prepare financial analysis, due diligence, market analysis, site inspections, reviewing third party due diligence reports, and preparing investment memorandums with business plans
- Collect market, financial and product/asset data to assess prospective transactions relative to predefined criteria and validate the assumptions in analyses
- Facilitate communication between sellers, brokers, third parties, and investors
- Assist asset management for hold-sell analyses
- Develop proprietary strategy whitepapers, investment theses, and fund models
- Distinguished academic and professional accomplishments
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in real estate finance
- Asset-level underwriting experience highly preferred
- Excellent financial modeling skills and proficiency in Excel, Argus Enterprise, RealPage, Yardi, CoStar, REIS, Real Capital Analytics, and Axiometrics
- Well organized with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Consistently produce high quality financial analysis and written presentations
- Solid work ethic, integrity, and team player that is self-motivated
- Position will require travel and is based in New York
The successful candidate will be involved in the acquisition of new multifamily properties and will gain entrepreneurial, hands-on experience within a professional corporate environment. By providing analytical support to other functional disciplines including project management, asset management and financial management, the successful candidate will gain a valuable understanding of the multifamily investment class.