Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 – June 2022
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Product Analyst if you:
- Have an interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess a strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to relay complex ideas clearly
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are results orientation, attention to detail and strong time management skill
See yourself as a Product Analyst
Summer Analysts will work within the Product Strategy Group, a global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines. The internship aims to provide summer analysts with broad exposure to financial markets, product design / development and distribution, portfolio analysis, and/or client communication.
Summer Product Analysts will work with one or multiple specialty teams that focus on covering specific investment strategies (e.g., Credit, Emerging Markets, Alternatives, etc.) or conducting broader client portfolio analysis / optimization. Summer Analysts will gain a strong understanding of the business of investment management across market segments. Responsibilities vary between teams but may include some of the following:
– Market and economic updates
– Portfolio commentaries
– Risk and performance attribution
– Client portfolio analytics / investment strategizing
– Competitor intelligence
– Client presentation materials
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2021
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
How you should apply:
Applications open July 1, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers