We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Is this role for you?
You are interested in having a pulse on anything data related while gaining insight from an aerial view. With a focus on providing best-in-class customer service to both our SMA clients and our internal operations team, you will face an array of interesting challenges from database development and data integrations to report development and BI solutions. You want to work on complex integrations, be a part of a continuous learning environment while being surrounded by a high performing team that works closely with one another. You are motivated by and enjoy solving business problems and seek roles where you can have an immediate impact on business users.
Our team helps the firm make intelligent decisions on both real-time trading technology and the data infrastructure that supports our proprietary applications and systems. We take pride in providing our clients a premium experience and we are committed to providing the robust reporting solutions that they require. In this environment, you can not only see how your work improves the firm’s operations every day, but also have the opportunity to experience dramatic and personal growth both intellectually and in your career progression.
What will you do?
As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
- Working as part of a team to contribute to the design, development and management of various proprietary databases and applications.
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and ongoing improvements.
- Developing a business intelligence reporting framework for the SMA Operation group.
- Establishing, designing and developing both internal and client facing reports.
- Developing and managing complex data integrations between internal and external systems.
- Providing production support for SMA data and reporting.
- Working with business users to define requirements and help determine how reporting tools and features will be built.
- Possess a solid foundation in Microsoft SQL Server (2016+) database development and reporting.
- 2+ years of comparable experience..
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience developing dynamic reports in SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Ability to work independently or with a team, plan work, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and able to meet goals consistently and efficiently, while managing multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Experience with data integration and ETL processes in SQL Integration Services (SSIS) or similar.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Power BI and Python will have a decided advantage.
- Experiencing with Oracle (11g) PL/SQL development.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office