APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, JULY 4
Application Instructions (both are required):
- Complete the PJT Partners On-Line application for the “2022 Summer Analyst– Strategic Advisory (New York)” position by clicking on our external Careers website.
- Complete the PJT Partners “Suited” Assessment. Please CLICK HERE to create an account. Suited is an A.I. powered assessment driven screening tool that uses assessments to holistically and objectively measure traits and characteristics that can be better predictors of success at PJT. Please ensure you use the same email address used for your PJT application when registering on Suited. Please complete each question through the end of the survey. A “Profile Complete” badge will appear once complete – there is no final “Submit” button.
PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder advisory, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through PJT Park Hill, private fund advisory and fundraising services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds. To learn more about PJT Partners, please visit our website at www.pjtpartners.com.
The Strategic Advisory group consists of one of the most experienced investment banking teams in the industry, and has been involved in some of the largest, most complex transactions of the past twenty years. Our global team focuses on a diverse set of industries, including financial institutions, healthcare, industrials, energy, power & utilities, real estate, and technology, media & telecommunications. Our 10-week internship begins with an accelerated M&A training program, which is supplemented with additional training modules throughout the remainder of the internship program.
Upon completion of training, Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of pitches and live transactions while being staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, a Summer Analyst will assume an integral role on his or her deal teams, often working directly with senior level bankers.
Summer Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions including sellsides, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, recapitalizations, private placements and leveraged buyouts. Summer Analysts are expected to be involved in the development, structuring and financing of transactions and will have the opportunity to attend internal and client meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions. Summer Analyst work will include:
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Drafting of client presentations
- Preparation of memoranda for internal and external use
- Conducting financial and other business related research
- Coordinating complex and often time-sensitive processes
- Assistance in the execution of transactions
- Active involvement in client facing situations
PJT Partners seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have excellent academic, leadership and extracurricular records. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Outstanding qualitative, technical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Robust organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well under pressure
- Basic knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate* student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Please include expected internships for Summer 2021 on your Resume
- Resume must be in PDF format