Role: Content Creation Intern
Reports to: Social Media Manager
Duration of Contract: Six months, 5-10 hours/week. Start date in October.
The internship is unpaid, but you may work with your educational institute to obtain course credit.
To Apply: Please fill out the google form application to be considered. Make sure to give a detailed explanation of your qualifications, experiences, and goals so that we can accurately determine if you will be a good fit for the program.
Content Creators (CC) interns work with our Social Media Coordinator to develop and execute creative content for social campaigns and day-to-day initiatives across all of Plastic Tide’s social channels. CC interns work independently to create visual content (graphics, videos, stories, etc…)
The ideal social media interns will identify social media trends and uncover untapped opportunities that will deliver measurable results. To be successful in this role, it’s ideal to have experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads to audience exposure or engagement.
Social Media Applicants Must:
– Be motivated about environmental issues, comfortable working with social media daily, be excellent communicators, well organized, and creative thinkers
Desired Qualifications for CC:
– Prior experience with Canva, Adobe Spark, Adobe Illustrator, or other similar graphic design platforms, or eagerness to become proficient in such platforms.
– Brainstorm and develop innovative social content and campaign ideas that achieve marketing goals
– Craft and curate visual assets that are built with specific social platforms in mind
– Write effective copy across multiple social channels
– Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
– Create unique content for Plastic Tides social media including photographs, graphics, and videos.
– Help create a content plan up to 1 month in advance
– Create a list of hashtags and profile tags that should be the baseline for each post
– Create general guidelines for types of content we have posted in the past and what we may want to incorporate into the future
This position is part-time, remote, unpaid, and contracted from October 2021- April 2021 (with the option of being extended).
Plastic Tides will provide the intern with learning opportunities to develop skills related to the position in a professional setting. Additionally, a letter of a recommendation will be provided upon successful completion of required duties and term. Internship credit is possible; some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements.
If you have any questions about the program or application, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.