Online Internship Program Overview:
PLUS is offering an internship opportunity for teacher trainees to gain experience teaching online: to fulfill teaching practice (practicum/internship) requirements for teaching certificate or Master’s programs, to gain more virtual classroom experience to further their teaching career, and to have the opportunity to observe professionally-taught lessons in conjunction with teaching practice. Online English as a Foreign Language classes take place in a live video format (on Zoom) so that students can interact with their instructor and peers, doing partner and group work and participating in all-class discussions.
This internship is fully remote. The internship length is a minimum of 10 hours, including 5 hours of observing classes taught by professional teachers and 5 hours of teaching practice. Because this is an unpaid internship, students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor to determine if this opportunity is eligible for academic credit.
As an intern, you will teach speaking-focused lessons to international high school students. PLUS will provide you with the following:
- PLUS will provide training on how to teach effectively in an online setting.
- PLUS will provide the curriculum and full lesson plans.
- PLUS will provide recorded lessons taught by professional instructors for your observation.
- PLUS will provide a certificate at the completion of your practice experience that includes the number of practice hours completed.
Practice hours will be conducted for 60-70 minutes per lesson block each day, with a minimum required time commitment of one full week (5 lessons). Teaching hour requirements vary by institution.
Classes are held between the hours of 8:30am-2:30pm EST / 5:30am-11:30am PST. Summer classes meet Monday-Friday (daily) between June 14, 2021 and August 13, 2021, with a possible extension to the end of August.
Classes may not be held every week and are subject to enrollment. Weekly classes may be offered at a later time.
- Deliver well-prepared online English as a Foreign Language lessons to diverse classrooms of international students in a professional and engaging manner
- Review the provided curriculum to adequately prepare for each lesson; prepare to supplement the curriculum with additional materials, as appropriate
- Practice appropriate classroom management techniques to ensure a safe, comfortable, and engaging learning environment for all students
- Collaborate with the Head Office regarding instructional methods and the curriculum
- Complete online training and attend an orientation session
- Take attendance daily
- Maintain frequent and professional communication with the Head Office
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Enrollment in or completion of teacher training program strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Command of Zoom preferred
- Command of Google Suite preferred
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Webcam (HDD Preferred)
- 4 Mbps download and upload internet speed. (If unsure, Click Here to test internet speed. This link directs to M-Lab third party speed test.)
- Intel i5 processor or equivalent
- 4GB computer RAM
- Microphone and speaker (noise canceling headphones preferred)
Interns will be supervised by the PLUS Program Manager. Please submit all applications through our applicant tracking system, either by clicking on the green “apply externally” button at the top right of this posting or by clicking this link: https://plus-ed.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a20hmwd8kdbc
For any questions, please email Michelle.Gloster@Plus-Ed.com.