Poetic Group LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser managing a discretionary fund applying an absolute return strategy to predominantly structured credit fixed income securities, with a specific focus on pre-crisis era RMBS. Our advised fund employs a private equity-style structure, allowing us to better capitalize on longer-term fundamental theses and market disruptions. Our fund’s objective is to protect principal while seeking asymmetric profit opportunities in themes including: catalyst-driven investments; deep analysis of securities’ governing agreements; bondholder activism; idiosyncratic collateral outperformance opportunities; and distressed valuations during market dislocations.
We are recruiting for fall 2020 or spring 2021 graduates who are ready to work full-time, both remotely and at our office in Midtown Manhattan in 2020/2021. This person will be responsible for assisting the team in building out our infrastructure and developing custom software tools for the purpose of improving our internal analytics, data collection and reporting . Though not absolute requirements, important skills include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Programming skills are a plus (e,g., Python, SQL, HTML, Java and/or C++/C#)
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Work well in a group environment.
- Bachelors degree in STEM related fields.
- GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Self starter and entrepreneurial mind set.
Compensation will be competitive for the role and industry, and will depend on the specific candidate