We’re training the next generation of Point72 investors.
Point72 is a global asset management firm that dedicates significant time and resources to the careers of its Portfolio Managers (PMs) and Analysts. PMs make investments, but Analysts do the deep and thorough fundamental research on which they rely. Today’s Analysts are tomorrow’s PMs and Point72 invests a lot of time in finding and training them. That’s why we started the Point72 Academy – to train the next generation of Point72 Analysts.
Point72 Academy Virtual Intensive
The Point72 Academy Virtual Intensive is a multi-week training program for students interested in exploring a career in investing.
As a participant, you will get virtual crash courses in investing topics from our Academy and Investment Professional Development teams and gain insights from Point72 investment professionals. You will also work with your peers to prepare and present case studies to our teams.
Point72 will provide a competitive stipend during this time, and successful candidates will be invited to interview for future opportunities.
Participants of this program are not eligible to participate in the Point72 Future of Finance Diversity Accelerator Series
- What you’ll learn during the virtual intensive:More about the Point72 Academy training program
- How to research and present investment theses
- What it’s like to be an Investment Professional at a leading hedge fund
- Accounting fundamentals
- Introductory corporate finance
- Financial modeling
- Company valuation techniques
- Stock analysis, through granular case studies
- Hands-on investment research project work
- Compliance and regulatory mandates for investors
- We’re looking for the best. Apply now if you:Are currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution in the United States or Canada.
- Are mature, extremely bright, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Demonstrate a passion for the capital markets.
- Have a fierce commitment to ethics, integrity, and compliance.
- Can manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong analytical, writing, verbal communication, and technical skills.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are prepared. Applicants for this opportunity must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Point72 for a visa.
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state, and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.