Case Management at Policygenius…
Our Case Management team helps create a seamless client experience throughout the underwriting process for all of our life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application through to offer. Located in our Durham, NC headquarters, you will join a growing team, thrilled to be a part of the North Carolina community!
In this role, you will…
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, beginning with creating and sending the application to the client and continuing through underwriting approval
- Coordinate with clients and vendors to schedule and track insurance exams
- Order and obtain underwriting requirements from the client and take initiative to review underwriting decisions to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application and underwriting processes, and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience and improve our processes
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 1+ year of relevant work experience in service or sales preferably with a Bachelor’s degree (This role is open to new & recent grads!)
- You’re interested in learning the life insurance industry and nuances of life underwriting
- You can organize and prioritize your workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!