Are you ready for an entry-level legal assistant position with growth potential? Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment? Do you pride yourself in being detail oriented and in producing accurate work? If so, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. wants to meet you.
Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd., an established law firm with a twenty-five year municipal tax collections practice, seeks a full-time Legal Assistant to join our King of Prussia office. The office is close to routes 76 and 202 and is accessible by public transportation. This is the perfect opportunity for an entry-level candidate to build a legal career. Our legal assistants work as a team interacting with attorneys and account managers in the preparation of high-volume pleadings and correspondence. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) and is considering going to law school in the future.
* Monitor and review files to determine appropriate course of action.
* Prepare pleadings for attorney review and signature; conduct electronic and/or traditional filing.
* Prepare correspondence to property owners and/or third parties as assigned.
* Research property ownership and/or courthouse records as necessary.
* Answer courthouse personnel or property owner questions as assigned, including telephone and face-to-face communication.
* Ability to work as part of a team while maintaining professional working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited university, with aspirations of a future law or graduate degree.
* Constant attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
* Dependable, with strong work ethic and personal integrity, with demonstrated skills of poise, diplomacy and tact to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a professional manner.
* In the absence of a Bachelor’s Degree, 1-3 years of paralegal, secretarial, or customer service experience in collections and/or real estate law is required.
* Must have excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to handle competing priorities with a sense of urgency.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and the Internet.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
* – Include salary requirements with resume and cover letter –
* Pay increase after successful completion of training
* Insurance: Health Care Coverage
* Retirement plan information: 401(k) Retirement Investment Plan with Employer Match
* Paid time off: Paid Time Off & Holidays
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Account with Employer Contribution
* Portable Colonial Supplemental Insurance Options
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Recognition/Team Building Programs
* Opportunities for advancement based on performance