Prevention Point Philadelphia (PPP) is a multi-service public health organization dedicated to promoting health, empowerment, and safety for communities affected by drug use and poverty. PPP meets drug users where they are, providing information and access to resources with dignity and respect. Using a harm reduction approach, PPP offers low threshold, culturally sensitive, non-judgmental services to address the health and social service needs of drug and hormone users and sex workers in Philadelphia. PPP promotes harm reduction through sterile syringe exchange, mobile medical care, referrals to social services, and prevention case management services.
-Belief in promoting the health and dignity of individuals who use drugs through a harm-reduction lens
-Knowledge of and experience working with persons experiencing homelessness, substance use, and mental health issues
-At least a bachelor’s degree in social work, or a related field. This is a billing requirement.
-Ideally two years’ experience working in the drug & alcohol field, preferably with medication assisted treatment. Lived experience is also valued!
-Experience facilitating psycho-educational groups is preferred.
-Basic Microsoft Office skills
–Must be bilingual (Spanish)
Bilingual MAT Case Manager Position Overview:
The MAT Case Manager will be working with individuals who are enrolled in PPP’s Stabilization, Treatment, and Empowerment Program (STEP) and receiving medication-assisted treatment such as buprenorphine films/tablets (Suboxone) or extended release injections (Vivitrol or Sublocade). The Case Manager will need to work collaboratively on a team of coordinators, certified recovery specialists, case managers, care navigators, medical assistants and medical staff to create holistic care plans for participants. The Case Manager will need to work with participants to assess medical and psychosocial needs and to implement goals around their physical and behavioral health, housing, psychosocial supports, and any other needs identified by the participant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Through external and internal referrals from other institutions and other PPP programs, assess eligibility and provide intakes for qualifying participants of the STEP program.
2. Thoroughly assess participant readiness for and appropriate modes of treatment using evidence-based assessment tools.
3. Facilitate regular psych-educational check-ins that explore drug use, relapse prevention, recognizing triggers, and building coping skills, all through a harm-reduction lens.
4. Conduct treatment, medication initiation, and adherence discussions with participants at regularly scheduled STEP sessions.
5. Engage clients in meaningful and frank discussions about risk behaviors, including overdose and relapse risk. Help STEP participants identify triggers and supports to use to prevent and overcome relapse.
6. Conduct participant interviews to assess for medical and psychosocial needs. Use these assessments to inform participant goals in the program. Provide face-to-face, goal-directed care coordination sessions and linkage and adherence counseling.
7. Refer and link participants to appropriate mental health services and encourage adherence to appointments.
8. Coordinate participant referrals to support groups, medical care, legal assistance, public benefits, identification procurement, and other supportive services.
9. Coordinate referral to primary medical care, especially HIV primary care and Hepatology care. Conduct treatment and medication initiation and adherence discussions with clients at regularly scheduled sessions.
10. Actively participate in supervision, team, and staff meetings.
11. Keep accurate and comprehensive charts and documentation on participants, including information on client interviews, counseling sessions, referrals, and submit paperwork in a timely fashion. Perform data entry on a monthly or weekly basis using internal data bases and Intergy.
12. Work in a fast-paced environment and assist with additional operational needs including drop-in center coverage and answering the agency telephone.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
14. Assist in translation for medical team during participants’ appointments
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place