Knowledgeable of the instructional process, public relations, school finance, school law, personnel management, administration, supervision, curriculum and educational processes. Must possess leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers and parents. Must have had three years of successful, full-time experience as a teacher, administrator or supervisor, one year of which must have been at the level to be supervised.
To complete your administrative application file, PWCS requires the following:
1. Online administrative application (https://jobs.pwcs.edu/workspace/wspace.exe)
2. Cover letter, addressed to Dr. Donna Eagle, Associate Superintendent for Human Resources. (Document(s) should be uploaded with your online application under the manage document section of your workspace)
3. Resume (Document(s) should be uploaded with your online application)
4. Two Confidential Administrative Reference Forms; one completed by your current principal or supervisor, and the second completed by an individual who has observed you from a supervisory capacity. Electronic reference forms (preferred method) will automatically be sent to your supervisors/references if their email address is included in your online application.
We recommend you alert your references that they will receive a link to a confidential reference form. This link is to be completed within one-week, otherwise the link will time out. Form(s) can also be downloaded using the link below.
5. Copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, the institution name and student name must be printed on the transcript and show the degree/certificate was conferred/awarded or degree progress – unofficial copies are acceptable, if ordering transcript(s), request transcripts be sent to you, then send us a copy.
6. Virginia Teaching/Administrative License Status Form and a copy of Virginia License or out of state licensure with endorsement in Administration and Supervision. Form can be downloaded using the link below.
7. Signed Background Investigation Release Waiver Form (Note: Not required for current PWCS employees)
8. Completion of a 25-minute Gallup assessment is required, if not previously submitted within the 365 days for PWCS. A separate email will be received after submitting this application, if the required assessment has been assigned.
To be considered for this administrative position, all supporting application documents mentioned above, must be uploaded with your online application under the manage document section of your workspace. An incomplete application file will not be considered.
Form(s) can be downloaded from:
Must hold or be eligible for a Postgraduate Professional Certificate from the Commonwealth of Virginia with an endorsement in administration and supervision.
BASIC FUNCTION/NATURE OF WORK:
The basic function of this position is to provide administrative and instructional leadership within a generally autonomous middle school building for the maximum educational nurture of all children assigned in grades 6-8 and special education. This includes coordination of all the services of all personnel connected with the school system. The principal is also responsible for maintaining the building and grounds in such a manner that is safe as well as conducive to the learning environment of the students. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the community activities directly connected with the school activities and those groups using the facilities. The incumbent must also be able to implement the principles of school-based management by involving the staff and community in developing school objectives and by enabling the school to meet individual and School Board goals.
Budget Responsibilities: Manages intraschool and School Board funds appropriate to the individual school.
Employees Supervised: All middle school professional and classified staff assigned to the individual school. Number of Students: All students assigned to middle school grades 6-8 and special education.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES/ILLUSTRATIVE EX OF WORK:
•Work collaboratively with all stake holders in providing a world-class education.
•Supervises, evaluates and provides instructional direction to all staff in such a way as to implement the total curriculum in relation to the students attending this school.
•Organizes the school in such a way as to provide for an optimum learning environment and experiences for students in both curricular and extracurricular programs.
•Assigns duties and responsibilities to assistant principals and other key personnel in order to maintain an orderly day-to-day operation.
•Manages appropriated and non-appropriated funds to ensure accomplishment of school programs.
•Directs in-service programs for staff which concentrate on maintaining and improving current programs and planning future programs.
•Provides effective public relations and communications within the school and the community.
•Selects and assigns personnel to ensure the best utilization of their experience and skills.
•Evaluates and supervises staff in order to maintain a level of competence to ensure the fulfillment of the education goals.
•Coordinates the use of the central office staff to develop and maintain effective school programs and services.
•Establishes and maintains effective school discipline.
•Provides athletic and extracurricular activities appropriate for the elementary school student.
•Manages the operation and maintenance of building and grounds.
•Assumes a leadership role in the development and implementation of the annual school plan and budget in cooperation with the school advisory council.
•Assists in the coordination of central office classified support personnel who provide services to the local school.
•Implements, monitors and assists in the evaluation of the division-wide curriculum action plan at the local school level.
•Performs the responsibilities charged to the principal by the local School Board.
•Completing other duties as assigned.