Principal Real Estate Investors, a top-10 global real estate manager with over $85B in assets under management, is the dedicated real estate investment group within Principal Global Investors. With over 60 years of real estate investment experience our comprehensive, specialized capabilities across all four quadrants of commercial real estate—private equity, public equity, public debt, and private debt gives us a unique perspective on real estate space and capital markets.
As an Acquisition/Dispositions Analyst on the Principal Real Estate Investors team, you’ll provide analytical support to the Acquisition & Dispositions team in equity real estate transactions. In this fast paced, high energy environment, supporting the team is not only rewarding, but our number one priority!
Through our comprehensive training program, you will acquire valuable industry knowledge while receiving tailored development opportunities preparing you for future advancement.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Provide analytical support for evaluating equity investment opportunities across multiple product types (industrial, apartments, office and retail) using sensitivity analysis, variance analysis, or preliminary valuations of prospective acquisitions/dispositions. Assist senior team members with the preparation of necessary supporting documentation.
- Perform due diligence, prepare presentations, and develop written investment committee memos
- Develop an understanding of products, programs and clients’ needs through available training programs and involvement in on-going acquisition/disposition activities.
- Assure quality information reaches laterally between the acquisition/disposition team and the appropriate Asset Manager, including valuation inputs and other information necessary to both areas.
- Under the direction of senior team members, assure the quality of information provided to the acquisition/disposition team and quality control of the statistical database.
- With direction from senior team members, conduct ongoing research relating to acquisitions, including pricing trends, portfolio construction and related developments.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preference for degrees in finance, mathematics, economics or real estate).
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Real estate experience preferred (including full time or internship experience), but not required.
- Working knowledge of valuation modeling techniques and valuation software products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative financial background and statistics including an understanding of basic finance concepts such as time value of money
- Ability to quickly and accurately analyze large quantities of information and communicate results, including views on financial and non-financial aspects of a transactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successfully completed trainee/internship program preferred.
- Argus software knowledge is preferred.