2021 Fixed Income Portfolio Analysis Group Internship Program: PGIM
Location: Newark, NJ
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
· Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
· Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
· Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
How to Apply: Click here
Are you a rising junior looking to apply your business knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At PGIM that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a member of our Fixed Income Internship Program (FIP).
As a Fixed Income Portfolio Analysis intern, you will find yourself working side-by-side with a senior member of the Team group covering companies in related industry sectors. The Internship is a 10-week assignment designed to anchor to one of several analytically and quantitatively challenging areas within Fixed Income such as Portfolio Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Risk Management, CLO Analysis and Structured Product Research.
As a Fixed Income intern, you will work in a collegial and supportive environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions, while placing equal importance on the results of the larger team. Interns within PGIM FI are encouraged to share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining an environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees.
- You will learn to build and utilize modeling tools, develop frontier investment technology, hone research techniques and develop data analytics practices across multiple disciplines
- Collaborate with senior analysts, risk managers, and portfolio managers to analyze performance drivers, evaluate portfolio positioning and risk exposures, model benchmarks, and analyze technical market data
- Gain exposure to a multitude of investment products and processes, including Portfolio Management, Fixed Income Trading Strategies, Economics and Investment Strategy, Quantitative and Structuring Analysis, and Hedge Fund Management
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, Amsterdam, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2020, the firm has $868 billion of assets under management including $348 billion in institutional assets, $174 billion in retail assets, and $346 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Please click here to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Graduating in May/June 2022. Majors include Operations Research and Information/Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics
- Overall 3.3+ GPA is required
- You have one relevant internship/externship experience in investment management or a related area
- Knowledge of modeling packages, programming languages, and spreadsheet/database software, with Strong quantitative and technical aptitude
- Ability to work well independently and seamlessly within a team environment
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
Our Application Process:
1. Submit your application.
2. Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
3. Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2021 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
Find your place, make an impact. See how good a Prudential career can be by applying at jobs.prudential.com/students