Prysm Group is a blockchain economics and governance advisory firm led by PhD-level, Harvard trained economists. Prysm Group combines tools from cutting-edge economics research in incentives, market design, monetary economics, and social choice with blockchain expertise to design successful blockchain consortia and token economies.
In addition to client work, Prysm Group engages in public speaking, writing, and academic research. Prysm Group economists advise the World Economic Forum and write regular opinion columns for CoinDesk. They regularly are featured at blockchain industry and academic events, including SXSW, the Stanford Blockchain Conference, the National Bureau of Economic Research, the Crypto Economics Security Conference, and more. Prysm Group economists have past or ongoing relationships with MIT and USC and lecture at Harvard, NYU Stern, Cornell Tech, and Columbia GSB.
Prysm Group is looking for full-time Associates to join its team in Fall 2020. Associates at Prysm Group work directly with the firm’s Founding Economists, Economists, and Managing Partner to advise startup and enterprise blockchain projects. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Roadmapping, auditing, and designing economic and governance systems.
- Preparing and leading client meetings and calls.
- Managing economic team Analysts and Interns as needed.
- Execution and delivery of client deliverables.
- Engaging in the firm’s public speaking, research, and education initiatives.
Prysm Group team members are all working remotely while maintaining working hours aligned with US time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a closely related field, such as finance, or computer science disciplines utilizing game theory.
- Advanced coursework in at least one field relevant to blockchain, such as contract theory, finance, market design, game theory, international finance, or monetary economics, is beneficial.
- Comfort with reading and applying current research in economics and other applicable disciplines.
- Minimum two years of experience in business strategy, advising, or client services. Individuals with experience in professional services or at large tech companies are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Interest in the economics of technology.
- Ability to work both independently and with teams.
- Interest in working in a fast-moving, distributed team.