The PhD Scientist , Chemistry contributes to PTC’s drug discovery efforts by synthesizing small molecules in support of internal lead optimization programs. The incumbent is responsible for independently planning and executing synthetic organic chemistry protocols to efficiently obtain desired targets for biological assays.
The selected candidate is also responsible for interpreting and communicating experimental results to his/her supervisor and the project team.
- With guidance from the advisor plans, initiates and executes synthetic organic chemistry experiments and interprets and communicates results as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories related to synthetic organic chemistry.
- Develops and applies medicinal chemistry knowledge and skills
- Presents findings internally to cross-functional teams.
- Participates in the development and writing of patent applications
- Abides by all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Broad range of synthetic organic chemistry knowledge including – Planning multi step synthetic protocols and Transition metal catalysis
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively under direct supervision, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline preferably in Organic Chemistry with 0-2 years’ post-doctoral or Industry experience