PFM is a recognized national leader in providing financial, investment, and consulting advice to public sector, non-profit and other institutional entities. For more than forty years, PFM has advised many of the country’s largest municipal and institutional entities including states, counties, municipalities, townships, boroughs, authorities, school districts, not-for-profit organizations, and pension funds. The firm has more than 650 employees located in every region of the country.
PFM Asset Management LLC (PFMAM) is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. For the period ending June 30, 2020, PFM Asset Management LLC has provided investment advice and management services for over $159.8 billion in total assets, including $118 billion in discretionary assets under management and $41.7 billion in non-discretionary assets under advisement. PFMAM’s clients are state and local governments, non-profit corporations, pension funds, and similar institutional investors.
PFM is proud to help our clients make well-informed and prudent decisions regarding the capital markets, investments, and municipal management. The functions that they serve and decisions that they make contribute directly to the communities in which we all live and work. PFM’s role with our clients allows us to have a tangible impact on these communities and their citizenry.
Asset Management Internships are in Harrisburg, PA
BUILD YOUR CAREER FOUNDATION WITH PFM
PFM’s Interns are a critical part of the project teams that serve our broad base of clients. Each role provides a solid foundation for a meaningful and growth-oriented career with the firm, and many of our Managing Directors and project managers have spent their entire careers with PFM.
Your core objective is to serve PFM’s practices by providing analytic resources and solutions that support key client engagements and transactions. Your career with PFM can grow based on your unique development goals and the firm’s ongoing client support needs. No matter the path you choose, you’ll receive an exceptional foundation of training, a collaborative and challenging work culture, and meaningful work that results in tangible benefits to the communities PFM serves.
PFM Asset Management Internship positions include:
- Arbitrage Rebate
- Client Services Group
- Credit Team
- Portfolio Strategies
- Short Desk & Investment Services
- Structured Products & Analyst Pool
- Treasury Consulting
Repeat / multi-year internships are encouraged for superior performers who wish to gain exposure to PFM’s varied practice areas, and a successful internship with PFM has the potential to lead to an Analyst employment offer.
Your day to day challenges at PFM may include:
- Quantitative Analysis and Financial Modeling: Working with senior team members to create qualitative and quantitative analyses that support various projects, many of which involve the creation and use of customized financial models and spreadsheets
- Presentations and Reporting: Preparing and delivering presentations, reports and summaries that outline financial scenarios and recommendations to clients
- Marketing and Business Development Support: Contributing to and reviewing financial, legal, and marketing/proposal documents for all transactions and projects to which you are assigned
- Client Service: Gaining exposure to a broad variety of clients and transactions across all of the entities PFM serves
Key attributes PFM seeks include:
- Evidence of strong academic achievement in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree program (minimum GPA of 3.25 / 4.0 encouraged)
- Compelling interest in building a career in finance, consulting and/or investment management (ideally evidenced by related coursework, internships, or other transferable experience)
- Analytical and financial modeling experience desired. Advanced Excel skills and VBA exposure are a plus (but not required).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with a proactive attitude
- Developed problem solving skills and a solutions-focused approach to addressing challenges
- Ability to dig into the details but also see the big picture
- Ability to think and act strategically and independently
- Outstanding teamwork and project execution skills with multitasking capability
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Professional credibility and ability to instill confidence in others
- Flexibility, adaptability, and desire to take on additional responsibilities
PFM is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
PFM is an equal opportunity employer (EOE, M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace.