SUMMARY: Implement specific corporate objectives with respect to strategically identifying, qualifying, negotiating and finalizing lease terms with national retail and entertainment tenants. Position requires significant analytical and sales aptitude with the ability to contribute to the Real Estate Committee meeting on a daily basis, in addition to establishing and maintaining business relationships with leading national tenants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Leasing, President, Executive Management Team and the Real Estate Committee in the development of the shopping centers strategic leasing plans.
- Prepare, negotiate and finalize lease proposals, amendments and renewals for each of the centers, to maximize center revenue. Candidate must have an understanding of proformas and be comfortable with numbers.
- Seek new or replacement tenants for the portfolio through national or regional contacts, and by visiting other markets and centers.
- Must be a team player. A key component of success in this position is the ability to work with other departments within the Company, including Center management teams, legal, tenant coordination, construction, and finance and revenue management. Leasing representatives are expected to manage their deal from start to finish. From the negotiation of the deal, through the legal and store design process, up to and including the collection of rents.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and retail trends.
- Work with Real Estate Counsel to ensure lease documentation reflects intended transaction.
- Extensive travel required often exceeding 60%.
Supervisory Responsibility: Administrative Assistant
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in the business world, preferably in a position that requires deal negotiations. Must have a solid understanding of accounting systems and financial analysis, in addition to Microsoft Office applications.
This candidate must also be a proven leader, self-starter, possesses strong interpersonal communication, organizational and analytical skills, as well as is creative and a strong deal closer
This candidate must have exceptional negotiation skills and be a proven leader, self-starter, possesses strong interpersonal communication, organizational and analytical skills, as well as is creative and a strong deal closer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is generally equivalent to a busy shopping mall. Occasionally the work environment is equivalent to a general office environment.