- Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
- Before there were smartphones or smart cities, before autonomous cars or 360° virtual reality videos, there was our technology. Headquartered in San Diego, for over 30 years Qualcomm inventions have inspired others to make the impossible, possible. From 5G to artificial intelligence, from IoT to automotive and extended reality applications, Qualcomm is inventing the technologies of an intelligently connected future, spearheading research efforts for the next global wireless standard, and collaborating with industry leaders in the wireless value chain to make this future a commercial reality.
- As a Software Engineer at Qualcomm you have the opportunity to push the boundaries of what exists and establish the new standards for tomorrow. Begin your career as an equal contributor on teams of world-class engineers to develop, implement and maintain wireless and multimedia application software for the world’s leading-edge mobile, automotive, and IoT devices. Qualcomm is looking for the next generation of dreamers, inventors, rebels, risk takers, and pioneers to start innovating with them as early as January 2020.
- Linux OS Development
- Real time OS Development
- Android Architecture
- Kernel/Device Driver Development
- Multimedia: Video, Display, Audio, Graphic, Core Power, Camera
- Object Oriented and UI Design
- Windows Mobile Development
- Wireless Modem Software Development
- RF Software Development
- LTE, 4G/5G Software Development
- Must have educational training and experience across the following skill sets:
- C/C++ and object oriented design background
- Development of real-time embedded software and device drivers
- Mobile SW development for Windows Mobile, Android or Linux
- Linux/UNIX, Linux Drivers, Linux Kernel
- Wireless network protocols such as TCP/IP, SIP
- CDMA/UMTS, wireless technologies
Required: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.