Are you interested in actuarial science? What about working with start-up companies? How about both?
QualRisk is a growing consulting and data analytics firm focused on insurance and financial services companies. We help the largest insurance carriers in the property-casualty and life & annuity sectors meet their strategic goals through a combination of insurance domain and technology expertise.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get immersed in the insurance industry working and learning about insurance concepts and applying them to the business. You will get fantastic exposure to industry veterans and work on challenging problems at the cross-roads of business and technology within the insurance industry. The fast-paced nature of life at a start-up firm means that you’ll have the opportunity to create real and meaningful work almost as soon as you come in the door.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative actuarial research centered around the property-casualty and life/annuity insurance sectors, including reviews of rates, product lines, and trends
- Develop detailed analyses, reports, projects, and codes to derive insights and help QualRisk achieve its business goals
- Generate presentations of research projects to QualRisk management
- Assist in development of client-ready documents and presentations
- Participate in and contribute to internal and in client meetings through decision-making and reporting based on detailed analyses
- Upcoming sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams
- Strong quantitative skills
- Interest in solving complex business problems
- Flexibility and an active work ethic
- A familiarity with programming languages and working with large datasets
- Office is located in Midtown Manhattan, NY but remote interns accepted as well
- 40 hours/week, paid
- The summer program will be from June 1st – August 13th but there are opportunities to start work earlier and continue to work afterward