Quinn Evans (QE), an architectural firm with offices located in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, has an exciting opportunity open for a licensed project manager level Historical Landscape Architect. Our cultural landscape team collaborates across disciplines to create sustainable planning and design solutions that connect people to the heritage of urban and rural places. From rehabilitation and interpretation of historic sites to the preservation of places embraced by Indigenous traditions, we strive for enduring stewardship. Our portfolio includes cultural landscape reports, master plans, site design and construction, maintenance guidelines, historical studies, National Register and National Historical Landmark Nominations, compliance consultation, and collaborative decision-making on projects ranging from vast national parks to discreet city sites.
We are looking for an individual who is dedicated to cultural landscape conservation with skills and knowledge to lead complex planning, design, and compliance projects (in particular Section 106 and NEPA) applying National Park Service (NPS) and The Secretary of the Interior’s (SOI) standards for cultural landscapes. Project management skills and the ability to collaborate with teams as well as work independently is critical. The successful candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses strong written, graphic, and verbal communication skills. The position requires an individual with initiative, flexibility and facility for multi-tasking.
· Research, documentation, analysis, planning, and design for a broad range of cultural landscape types and scales
· Interaction with client and regulatory personnel
· Coordination of project teams, schedules, and budgets
· Field survey of cultural landscapes
· Collaboration with architects, engineers, historians, archeologists and other disciplines as part of project teams
· Strong ability to facilitate collaborative projects including multiple disciplines, stakeholders, and public
· Licensed Landscape Architect
· Professional experience in landscape preservation projects (minimum 6 years)
· Mastery of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Sketchup, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Experience with Revit is a plus
· Self-starter and team oriented
· Highly organized and professional with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Previous experience in A/E industry preferred
· Strong working knowledge of NPS guidelines and SOI standards for treatment of cultural landscapes
· Strong planning and design abilities
· Willingness to travel to other office locations and remote project locations, travel expenses provided. Candidates should have the capacity and be willing to work outdoor in all seasons through various kinds of weather for field survey purposes.
· Strong oral, graphic, and written communication skills
· Please provide work samples including:
o Report graphics including plans, sections, perspective renderings, conceptual diagrams
o Presentation graphics
o Construction documents
o Report writing
Salary range will be commensurate with experience. The position will be part of the preservation planning team led by Brenda Williams. Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work samples are essential and should include a brief explanation of your specific role(s) in work done as part of a team.
Quinn Evans is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation/gender status, Veterans status, and disability. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourage women and diverse applicants to apply.