To be the World’s Most Loved Children’s Brand, we need the best people to join our team! Radio Flyer holds a special place in people’s hearts. Radio Flyer transports people to a happy time, to the best parts of childhood, a time when anything was possible. For over 100 years, our company has produced innovative toys that inspire active play, bring smiles, and create warm memories that last a lifetime. Beyond our classic Little Red Wagon, Radio Flyer invents and designs some of the most recognizable tricycles, ride-on, scooters and battery-operated vehicles in the industry.
Radio Flyer has consistently been recognized as a top workplace and received numerous awards such as, Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Entrepreneur and CultureIQ’s Top Company Culture, Wall Street Journal’s Top Small Workplaces, the Daily Herald’s Best Places to Work in Illinois, and Crain’s Best Places to Work. Radio Flyer is a recognized leader in the toy industry, headquartered in Chicago and led by Robert Pasin, grandson of the company founder.
We are committed to a culture that embraces feedback, collaboration, and innovation to achieve great results and drive business growth. At Radio Flyer we live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people’s lives, they will feel great about Radio Flyer!”
The Quality Engineering Intern position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company. Working with the Product Quality and Quality Assurance Engineers, you will complete hands on testing and various product reviews/inspections.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executing in-house mechanical and electrical testing of new product concepts, then summarizing and sharing findings.
- Designing/creating experiments and testing fixtures to evaluate product quality.
- Evaluating products returned from retail partners and recommending potential areas of improvement.
- Building works-like prototypes of potential product improvements.
- Inspection of incoming and outgoing part inventory for order accuracy and quality issues.
- Collaborating with engineers in both the U.S. and overseas through email and conference calls to complete projects.
- The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior, majoring in an engineering field with a 3.0+ grade point average.
- Hands-on, results oriented, ability to prioritize objectives and meet timelines
- Self-motivated, proactive, capable of working independently or collaboratively as part of a team
Above all, the individual must commit to our values:
FUN-omenal Customer Experiences
Live with Integrity
Yes I Can
Excellence in Everything
Responsible for Success
We are looking for people who live our values and support our vision and mission!
At Radio Flyer, we appreciate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and are a proud equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please apply online at www.radioflyercareers.com