Position: Associate Trader
Firm: Ranger Investments
Location: Dallas, TX
Ranger Investments manages approximately $1.8 billion of institutional capital through small and micro-cap long-only portfolios.
Ranger Investments is recruiting for a full-time Associate Trader. As a member of Ranger Investments’ trading desk, the candidate will have primary responsibility for assisting the Head Trader and supporting the investment team and back office.
- Trading US small and micro-cap stocks as part of an investment team managing approximately $1.8B in institutional assets.
- Supporting the investment team through statistical analysis and portfolio analytics.
- Managing and updating data warehouses, portfolio models, risk models, and data archives.
- Assisting the back office with clearing and settlement.
- Assisting marketing and client services by updating marketing materials monthly and quarterly, including presentations, fact sheets and supplemental information.
- Assist with the completion of DDQs, RFPs and RFIs from current and prospective clients.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform under stress
- General computer expertise and ability to learn new software and systems
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements and financial statement analysis.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with capacity to understand and discuss concepts fundamental to the investment management industry
- Team player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills as required to interact with brokers, clients, and personnel across senior levels of the firm
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-starter with strong project management and follow-through skills
- Capacity to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills with comfort interpreting large amounts of data
- Four-year college degree with a strong academic background
Please email resume and optional cover letter to: