Hiring for 2022 Summer Interns ONLY
At Rani Therapeutics, we’re developing the next generation of oral biologics with the RaniPill(TM) device. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions of patients suffering from chronic conditions by replacing painful injections with an orally dosed medical device. Join our team of multidisciplinary engineers, scientists, and doctors in working on the future of pharmaceutical delivery and help us solve some of the biggest challenges in medicine today.
We are seeking a highly motivated, driven, and fast-learning intern to join the Research and Development (R&D) team at Rani. You will work directly with an experienced team of mechanical engineers on a variety of projects including fixture design, mechanical tooling, research testing, and data analysis. Additionally, you’ll also gain experience interfacing with our Manufacturing, Quality, Biology, and Preclinical teams in a cross-functional role when required.
- Design, prototype, and fabricate test fixtures, assembly jigs, and mechanical tooling
- Assist with engineering process development to improve quality and throughput of our in-house manufacturing lines
- Define and implement test procedures for verification and validation testing of RaniPillTM components
- Collaborate with our Manufacturing and Quality teams on automation projects, work instructions, and inspection procedures
- Interface with our Preclinical and Biology teams on evaluating device performance, failures, and data analysis
What We’re Looking For
- Pursuing a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical/Biomechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or related field
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and creating engineering drawings
- Experienced with machine shop tools (mill and lathe), as well as 3D printing
- Knowledge of solid mechanics, engineering analysis, and mechanical design
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to juggle a variety of roles and projects
- Prior internship or research experience in medical devices, biotech, or life sciences
- Experience with injection molding design, microfluidics, automation, or mechatronics
- Knowledge of CAM and CNC Mill operation
- Understanding of GD&T, FEA, and precision engineering principles
- Familiarity with programming (Python, C++, Matlab preferred)
- Basic data analysis skills
- Free catered lunch and unlimited office snacks
- Team bonding activities, social outings, and company sponsored events
- Make meaningful contributions to our product development pipeline
- Exposure to a variety of different projects in a fast-paced, exciting startup environment
- Work with a diverse and inclusive team of passionate engineers and scientists
Rani Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.