At RBC Capital Markets, we are committed to fostering a diverse workplace and promoting inclusion to fuel innovation and economic prosperity. The RBC Pathways Diversity Award Program (“RBC Pathways”) aims to recognize and reward outstanding undergraduate students who are from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and/or Native American descent) and passionate about a career in investment banking, global markets, and fintech through consecutive summer internships, an academic scholarship, and development opportunities.
RBC Pathways offers students the opportunity to learn about the financial industry and specifically, what it’s like to work at RBC Capital Markets. Program participants gain first-hand experience and the opportunity to participate in our premier ten-week summer internship program at our U.S. offices. Additionally, students will receive a $5,000 scholarship at the start of their sophomore internship, and $10,000 at the start of their junior internship.
What’s in it for you?
- Orientation to RBC Capital Markets and divisional training beginning Day One, before joining your team
- Assigned mentors to help you navigate the organization and guide your career
- Access to senior leaders to provide insight, support and guidance throughout the summer
- An invaluable peer network of driven, ambitious like-minded young professionals
- Numerous networking, social and firm-wide events to expose you to the many areas within RBC Capital Markets and to provide a comprehensive understanding of our organization as well as the finance industry
- Potential to gain exposure to different divisions year over year, for those who are interested in exploring other opportunities
- $5,000 scholarship at the start of your first internship; $10,000 at the start of your second internship
- You are a full-time undergraduate student who identifies as someone from a traditionally underrepresented background (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and/or Native American descent)
- You are interested in pursuing a career in Investment Banking in Houston
- You are able to join us the summer after your Sophomore year
- You are able to return the summer after your Junior year, provided performance feedback from Sophomore year summer is strong
- You graduate in December 2023 or May 2024
- Your cumulative GPA is a minimum of 3.4