POSITION: Clinic Nurse – LTE
LOCATION: Red Cliff Community Health Center
WAGE: $24.00 – $27.00/hour, DOQ, 40 hours per week
SUPERVISOR: Family Practice Care Manager
THIS IS A LIMITED TERM FULL TIME NON-EXEMPT POSITION. APPLICANTS WILL BE SELECTED FROM THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED ON APPLICATION FORM ONLY. THERE WILL BE NO INTERVIEWS.
JOB SUMMARY: The Limited Term (LTE) Clinic Nurse supports the health center outpatient care teams. This position will assist with duties both in direct patient care and those related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct patient care in coordination with providers.
2. Prepares patients for the provider:
a. Interviews patients to obtain health history and/or immunization status.
b. Takes and records vital signs, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respirations.
c. Checks vision on patients as requested by provider.
d. Prepares patient for exam.
e. Ensures all pertinent information is recorded in chart accurately and timely.
3. Utilizes the nursing process to assess the acuity of patients and formulate an appropriate plan of action.
4. Provides patient education, counseling and psychosocial support where appropriate.
5. Assists with public health contact tracing, monitoring and support related to Covid-19 pandemic response.
6. Participates in primary care teams and serves patients by visiting homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services under direction of provider orders.
7. Coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services.
8. Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of patient; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members.
9. Maintains a record of all supporting documentation as required.
10. Participates in quality assurance and other efforts that assure appropriate care and services.
11. Adheres to and supports facility policies, programs and activities.
12. Maintains strict confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of patients in common areas.
13. Attends staff meetings, in-services and other events as directed by supervisor.
14. Helps to maintain a clean and safe environment.
15. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None
1. Able to work with all age groups across the life spans.
2. Has good working knowledge of immunization schedules.
3. Knowledgeable about diabetes or is willing to learn.
4. Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Functions independently with minimal supervision.
6. Has sound judgment in responding to various clinical circumstances.
7. Demonstrates competence in utilization of the nursing process in clinical practice.
1. Graduate of an accredited RN program.
2. Wisconsin nursing license in good standing.
3. Prior nursing employment, preferably in a clinic setting.
4. BLS certification, or willingness to certify.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment. Be eligible to be put on the tribe’s vehicle
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Considerable daily contact will be made with the general public, patients, visitors, primary care providers, Tribal and Health Center Administration and other Health Center staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The duties assigned to this position involve bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying. Items may be placed on overhead storage. Lift up to 50 pounds, assisting patients onto exam tables as necessary. Work requires regular and recurring periods of standing or walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: All Tribal Buildings are smoke free.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to travel and attend meetings and trainings; overnight and out of town, both locally & nationally.
BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: The vision, goals and objectives of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa requires that the employee performs in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. Any behavior or attitude that tarnishes the name or image of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will be subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
This job description is subject to change at employer’s discretion, after consultation with the employee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references; available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Cover letter, optional.
6. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
POSTING DATE: August 31, 2021
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Human Resources Department
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715)779-3700 ext. 4268 or ext. 4267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Work Place Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Work Place Act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43, and are under a continuing obligation to supplement this application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.