POSITION: Community Health Nurse (CHN)
LOCATION: Red Cliff Community Health Center
WAGE: $24.00 – $28.00/hour, depending upon qualifications
SUPERVISOR: Community Health Manager
THIS IS A REGULAR FULL-TIME NON-EXEMPT POSITION
JOB SUMMARY: The Community Health Nurse will focus on providing nursing interventions, patient education, and care management. The position will provide nursing services in the clinic and/or community setting and works toward improving community health through health promotion and disease prevention services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in primary care teams and serves patients by visiting homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services under direction of provider orders.
2. Coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services.
3. Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of patient, maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members.
4. Responsible for communicable disease reporting via Wisconsin Electronic Disease Surveillance System (WEDSS).
5. Provides public health information and education via social media and other electronic media (i.e., Facebook, website, newsletter).
6. Assist with Covid duties; contact tracing, testing, and administer vaccines.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality and safeguard the privacy of patients in common areas.
Maintain a clean and safe physical environment. Alert administration and/or Health Center staff to problems and difficulties, as circumstances may warrant.
8. Advance job knowledge and skills through continuing education efforts with the approval of Health Center Administration.
9. Attend staff and other meetings, in-services, and other events as directed by supervisor.
10. Present a professional, caring image for the Health Center and its programs.
a. Maintain a cooperative relationship with other Health Center staff and employees.
b. Demonstrate tact, courtesy, and respect in communication and interaction with Health Center patients, visitors, and staff and with outside agencies and programs.
c. Promote a working environment noted for effective cooperation and collaboration between programs, services, and co-workers.
11. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None
1. Able to work with all age groups across the life span.
2. Has good working knowledge of immunization schedules.
3. Knowledgeable about diabetes or is willing to learn.
4. Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Functions independently with minimal supervision.
6. Has sound judgment in responding to various clinical circumstances.
1. Graduate of an accredited RN program
2. Wisconsin nursing license in good standing
3. BLS certification, or willingness to certify
4. Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment. Be eligible to be put on the tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Considerable daily contact will be made with the general public, tribal leadership, Program Directors and staff, consultant(s), and the Tribal Community.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The duties assigned to this position involve bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying. Items may be placed on overhead storage. Lift up to 50 pounds, assisting patients onto exam tables as necessary. Work requires regular and recurring periods of standing or walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Providers will work closely with support staff in a shared open office. The environment must be maintained as clean, non-smoking, well-ventilated work area in adherence to all safety regulations. Private homes and other facilities will not necessarily meet the criteria of the established safety regulations. All Tribal building are smoke free.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to travel and attend meetings and trainings; overnight and out of town, both locally & nationally.
BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: The vision, goals and objectives of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa requires that the employee performs in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. Any behavior or attitude that tarnishes the image or name of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will be subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
This job description is subject to change at employer’s discretion, after consultation with the employee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references; available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Cover letter, optional.
6. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
POSTING DATE: September 1, 2021
DEADLINE: September 15, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Human Resources Department
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715)779-3700 ext. 4268 or ext. 4267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Workplace Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Workplace Act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43 and are under a continuing obligation to supplement the application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE – FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
THE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
1. A Health Insurance Plan which is through the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). FEHB is offered for both single and family coverage. Employees considered to be full time status will be required to pay 12% of the premium for the plan selected.
2. The Dental package is through Delta Dental. This benefit is offered at no cost to the employees with single or family medical coverage.
3. Short Term Disability is offered to all employees at no cost and pays 60 % of weekly pay for a maximum of 90 days if you get sick or injured off the job.
4. Life insurance of $15,000 is included at no cost to all employees. Spouses are covered at $7,500.00 and children are prorated. Employees can purchase additional life insurance from the plan provider at their own cost.
5. Profit Sharing Plan with a 401(k) component is offered to employees after one year of work, with a minimum of 1000 hours. The Tribe puts 3% of employee’s wages into the Profit-Sharing Plan.
6. The Tribe also offers General Leave to Full time employees. Employees will accrue 16 hours of General Leave per month and can accumulate up to 192 hours per year. After 5 years of employment, General Leave goes up to 20 hours per month with a maximum of 240 hours.
7. The Tribe observes a total of 11 paid holidays.