(Contact Internship and Career Advisor about academic credit eligibility)
All RTOP internships share the same basic expectations. At a minimum, applicants must:
- Possess the knowledge and skills required to work successfully in a specific department of the theater.
- Be socially mature and self-confident.
- Be able to take direction and criticism well.
- Be able to digest new information quickly and apply it productively.
- Be consistent and dependable in their work habits.
- Communication skills
- Enjoy multi-tasking and creative problem-solving.
- Work comfortably and effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
ACTIVITIES: Observe the costume design process and day-to-day management of the costume shop; assist with routine clerical tasks and costume construction for a variety of period and contemporary productions; assist guest designers as needed. Work directly with designers, sourcing costume pieces, building and altering costumes for shows, styling hair and wigs, attend dress rehearsals and serve as run crew and dressers during productions.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Practical knowledge of sewing equipment, materials, and clothing construction, sewing, fitting, cutting, draping and tailoring is essential.
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum of 10 hours weekly. Open availability during production weeks. Specific days and hours will be discussed and determined y each department during the interview process.
BENEFITS: Build working portfolio, establish employment, flexible scheduling, negotiable housing, help meet an important community need.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to John Rich, Executive Director
at email@example.com and Michael Todd, Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org