All RTOP Internships share the same basic expectations. At a minimum, applicants must:
- Possess the knowledge and skills required to work successfully in a specific department of the theater.
- Be socially mature and self-confident.
- Be able to take direction and criticism well.
- Be able to digest new information quickly and apply it productively.
- Be consistent and dependable in the work habits.
- Communicate well
- Enjoy multi-tasking and creative problem-solving.
- Work comfortable and effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
ACTIVITIES: Develop creative concepts and marketing strategies to promote Regional Theatre Of the Palouse. Make personal contacts with businesses and community members in order to secure donations, program ads and enrich public relations. Coordinate graphic designs into print, online and other promotional materials. Develop content for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, print and electronic newsletters, web site and social media stories. media releases and other materials as needed. Assist with copy editing for the various promotional materials defined above.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent written communication skills, high creativity, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, strong attention to detail.
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum of 10 hours weekly. Open availability during production weeks. Specific days and hours will be discussed and determined by each department during the interview process.
BENEFITS: Build working portfolio, establish employment, flexible scheduling, negotiable housing, help meet an important community need.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to John Rich, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and Michael Todd, Associate Director at email@example.com