Robotic Research, LLC specializes in robotics, intelligent control, sensor processing, and computer programming; including design, development, and testing of state-of-the-art autonomous mobility software on a variety of ground, air, and maritime platforms.
We are looking for engineers to join our team, developing cutting-edge technologies in the field of Autonomous Systems. Robotic Research, LLC specializes in robotics, intelligent control, sensor processing, and computer programming; including design, development, and testing of state-of-the-art autonomous mobility software on a variety of ground, air, and maritime platforms.
Android Software Engineer to support development of autonomous, unmanned systems, with specific focus on Android software development. Entry to mid-level position is open. Software will support technologies to enhance the user experience for U.S. military personnel. Supposed technologies include intelligent control for aerial/ground vehicles, ranging from 5 pounds to 25 tons, and GPS-denied localization of users and equipment.
Design and implement software using Java/Kotlin in Android Studio. Manage the user experience when interacting with robotic technologies. Technologies include robotic vehicles (command and control) and GPS-denied
localization (user experience and data management). Document activities, prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities. Travel for field tests and project meetings may be required. Testing in outdoor conditions may be required.
- Strong programming ability in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience building apps using the Android SDK and Android Studio
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- At least a B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant and equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with good written and oral skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- U.S. citizenship required, with the ability to pass a government security clearance investigation and background check
- Experience designing for and managing the user’s experience
- Experience with the Android NDK
- C/C++ experience
MUST BE A US CITIZEN. The ability to pass a rigorous government background check is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.