DEPARTMENT: Corporate Finance – Private Wealth Management
POSITION TITLE: Summer Analyst
LOCATION: Hamilton, NJ
Rockefeller Capital Management offers a distinctive Summer Analyst Program experience as a premier independent financial advisory firm. Our diversified businesses, boutique size, and entrepreneurial culture shape a dynamic, personalized experience for our Analysts.
About Rockefeller Capital Management
Rockefeller Capital Management is a leading independent financial services firm led by President & Chief Executive Officer Gregory J. Fleming, offering global family office, wealth management, asset management and strategic advisory services to ultra-high-net-worth individuals, families, institutions and corporations. The firm oversees in excess of $45 billion of client assets. Headquartered in New York City, the Firm also has offices in Atlanta, Boca Raton, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Mountain View, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Saratoga Springs, Washington, DC, and Wilmington, DE.
Rockefeller Capital Management launched in March 2018 following the acquisition of Rockefeller & Co., Inc., the legacy Rockefeller family private investment office. Our firm is built upon the 136-year history of excellence in global family office and investment management of the Rockefeller family.
Rockefeller Capital Management’s 2021 Summer Analyst program will span ten weeks beginning June 7, 2021 and concluding August 13, 2020.
Key highlights of the program include:
· a manager and mentor to support learning and development
· information sessions on how the business is structured, how the firm generates revenue and serves clients, and how our employees at all levels of the firm contribute to achieving our goals
· a weekly speaker series to promote a deep understanding of the firm and its businesses and share personal perspectives from employees
· weekly check-in meetings with the program team
· facilitated topic discussions on current events with macro and micro relevance to our businesses
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration students must be undergraduates currently in their junior year and in good standing at the school. Analysts should have an interest in the financial services industry and be eager to learn and make an impact.
Rockefeller Capital Management’s Finance Group is seeking a Summer Analyst to support the Private Wealth Management Business Finance team this summer. The Summer Analyst will work with team members to assist with daily, weekly and monthly financial performance reporting, and metrics and analysis. The candidate will work with other finance and product partners to understand revenue and other drivers of the business and assist to provide respective reporting to leadership.
• Daily Assets Under Supervision (AUS) reporting by PWA Team
• Weekly and monthly asset and revenue reporting to PNC in compliance with debt facility requirements
• Monthly AUS and revenue trend reporting and variance analysis
• Mid-month Revenue projections utilizing various product drivers
• Assist with the bi-monthly Operating Committee Finance updates
• Assist with monthly close process (e.g. account reconciliations, journal entries and analytics)
• High school degree required.
• Pursuing a degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting Economics, or Business is desirable.
• Prior internship experience in corporate finance, accounting, asset management or investment banking experience a plus.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel such as: pivot tables, v-lookups, index, match, etc.
• Ability to use Excel to organize, analyze, present and report on information; Word, Access and PowerPoint a plus
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and be able to reassess priorities as situations arise
• Detail-oriented and attention to accuracy and meeting deadlines
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Ability to exercise discretion with confidential matters
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely