DEPARTMENT: Technology – Cybersecurity
POSITION TITLE: Summer Analyst
LOCATION: Hamilton, NJ
Rockefeller Capital Management offers a distinctive Summer Analyst Program experience as a premier independent financial advisory firm. Our diversified businesses, boutique size, and entrepreneurial culture shape a dynamic, personalized experience for our Analysts.
About Rockefeller Capital Management
Rockefeller Capital Management is a leading independent financial services firm led by President & Chief Executive Officer Gregory J. Fleming, offering global family office, wealth management, asset management and strategic advisory services to ultra-high-net-worth individuals, families, institutions and corporations. The firm oversees in excess of $45 billion of client assets. Headquartered in New York City, the Firm also has offices in Atlanta, Boca Raton, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Mountain View, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Saratoga Springs, Washington, DC, and Wilmington, DE.
Rockefeller Capital Management launched in March 2018 following the acquisition of Rockefeller & Co., Inc., the legacy Rockefeller family private investment office. Our firm is built upon the 136-year history of excellence in global family office and investment management of the Rockefeller family.
Rockefeller Capital Management’s 2021 Summer Analyst program will span ten weeks beginning June 7, 2021 and concluding August 13, 2020.
Key highlights of the program include:
· a manager and mentor to support learning and development
· information sessions on how the business is structured, how the firm generates revenue and serves clients, and how our employees at all levels of the firm contribute to achieving our goals
· a weekly speaker series to promote a deep understanding of the firm and its businesses and share personal perspectives from employees
· weekly check-in meetings with the program team
· facilitated topic discussions on current events with macro and micro relevance to our businesses
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration students must be undergraduates currently in their junior year and in good standing at the school. Analysts should have an interest in the financial services industry and be eager to learn and make an impact.
Rockefeller Capital Management’s Technology Group is looking for a Summer Analyst to support the Cybersecurity team this summer. The Summer Analyst will assist with the cyber security and data protection protocols for the firm. The Candidate will support efforts to establish processes and enhance operational functions to maintain and detect security or information.
· Assist with management of all policy definitions & key operating metrics working across the organization
· Enhance SecOps procedures: Incident response, Recovery and Cyber Operations services
· Support the development of key monitoring program working internally and with 3rd party partners on monitoring of key security & information protection controls
· High collaboration with the rest of the technology organization and understand the strategy and balance between security / protection and end user experience
· Opportunity to learn Azure cloud platform
· Participate in various brainstorming sessions to enhance cyber security platform
• High school degree required.
• Pursuing a degree with a concentration in Computer Science is desirable.
• Prior internship experience in Computer Science a plus.
· Thorough, organized, and able to learn quickly
· Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
· Ability to multi-task and be able to reassess priorities as situations arise
· Detail-oriented and attention to accuracy
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Ability to exercise discretion with confidential matters
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely