Who are we?
Founded by product and engineering veterans from Facebook and Instagram, Run the World is a venture-backed startup funded by top tier VCs in Silicon Valley and China. We are already getting customers and generating revenue.
Run the World is a global stage for people with shared interests or expertise to engage with each other and learn through shared live experiences. Leveraging the latest mobile and video technologies, Run the World enables people worldwide to make meaningful connections and effective collaborations within a few clicks in their mobile phones.
What’s our mission?
We want to make it possible for everyone in every industry with every interest to enjoy a shared live experience, where they can learn the latest knowledge and make the most meaningful connections, entirely online.
Previously, when people wanted to meet and learn from others with shared interests or expertise, they went to conferences. People learn the latest information from talks, but also make lasting connections over a cocktail. However, to attend a conference, people had to pay thousands of dollars, spend hours or days on the plane, and take several days off. Such barriers deter more people from joining and long commute creates huge carbon emissions that harm the planet.
The world has never been more distributed, yet the technologies that enable us to connect or engage have never been stronger. We enable knowledge sharing via live videos, but also provide the digital version of that social-bonding cocktail. We have helped dozens of communities gather in the past 2 months, from hundreds of first-year product managers from 20 countries, to wildlife preservation advocates, from first time entrepreneurs to mid-career women who want to go back to work after a long break. People with shared interests are connecting, engaging, and interacting in Run the World.
We believe we can do the same for billions of people in 200 countries and truly build a global stage where people get connected, knowledge get shared, and things get started. Are you ready to join the movement?
What’s your role?
As a mobile software engineer, you are building a mobile application that connects our , speakers and attendees, helps organizers manage their conferences and engage their audiences. You are responsible for building the our product experience for speaker and attendees.
You will be working a project that used by million of users internationally, mentored by experienced engineers from FAANG.
What’s your day-to-day responsibility?
- Mobile application development with a variety of languages including but not limited to Swift/Objective C[iOS], Kotlin/Java[Android]
- Work closely with designers and product managers to define feature specifications
- Work closely with the technical co-founder to design the technical architecture and build robust mobile applications
Who we are looking for?
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience shipping products into the world
- Experience shipping a mobile application from start to finish
- Experience with at least one of the following tech stacks: Swift/Objective C, Kotlin/Java
- Experience working with engineering team
- Cares about code quality and product quality
- Loves building things from 0 to 1! Hacky, get-it-done mentality
- Has a product-guided mindset
- Thrives in a scrappy startup environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
What make’s you stand out?
- Experience building highly scaled consumer applications a strong plus
- Experience building video/audio streaming applications
- Built something cool before? We love passion projects!
What’s it like working here?
- We are extremely down to earth and we don’t tolerate bullshit. We like to keep things as real as possible and don’t like framing fairy tales all day
- We trust our people and believe the best way to do good work is to ensure everyone gets to release their true potentials and get their passion turned up to the highest level
- We have a lot of energy and we believe in getting things done
- We like to keep our quirks and appreciate others’ quirks. We value being able to be our true authentic selves and let haters hate
- Ambition is part of our culture
How do I apply?
Does this role sound like you? If so, apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Got questions? Email our CTO at email@example.com