Credit Bureau Quality Reporting Intern
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want–whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills–you’re in the right place.
The Sallie Mae Internship program seeks to attract and develop exceptional early talent while adding value to our organization. Our goal is to tie academic learning into a practical business setting while fostering professional and personal growth within a student’s area of focus.
Over the course of the semester, interns will gain exposure to senior leaders, attend meetings, work alongside mentors, and receive valuable performance feedback.
The Credit Bureau Quality Reporting Intern will be responsible for assisting the Credit Bureau Management team at Sallie Mae with ensuring that customer accounts are reported accurately and with integrity. The position will consist of reviewing various exception reports that require account action, taking necessary steps to research using internal systems or 3rd party tools, and fixing/updating these accounts (when necessary). Reports can come from internal controls, internal potential fraud monitoring, or from the four Credit Reporting Agencies (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian, and Innovis).
The Credit Bureau Quality Reporting Intern will gain an understanding of how the credit bureau reporting and disputes process works and obtain a strong foundation of credit reporting principles.
Finally, the Credit Bureau Quality Reporting Intern will complete a capstone project detailing the key elements of what he/she has learned about credit bureau reporting, assuming the role of the educator. The intern will present the project to the Credit Bureau Management leadership team in a manner similar to teaching a 30-60 minute university lecture on financial literacy that would be relevant to them and their peers.
· Review and remediate customer accounts flagged as potentially illogical by the four Credit Reporting Agencies (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian, Innovis).
· Review and remediate customer accounts caught on internal control reports.
· Work with the Credit Bureau Quality Reporting Analyst to thoroughly review all consumers flagged as victims of fraud during the application process and ensure that these consumers are made whole.
· Assist the Credit Bureau Management team as needed for any adhoc remediation requests or projects that arise during the internship.
· Learn the basics of credit bureau reporting, gain a strong foundation of credit reporting principles, and apply this knowledge to live customer accounts.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors (may vary based on HM preference)
- Maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work up to 40 hours per week between 5/31/20 and 8/20/21 – Summer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
¨ Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with individuals at all levels.
¨ Excellent administrative skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and web-based applications.
¨ Strong follow through and multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail.
¨ Local candidates strongly preferred.