Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want–whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills–you’re in the right place.
The Sallie Mae Internship program seeks to attract and develop exceptional early talent while adding value to our organization. Our goal is to tie academic learning into a practical business setting while fostering professional and personal growth within a student’s area of focus.
Over the course of the semester, interns will gain exposure to senior leaders, attend meetings, work alongside mentors, and receive valuable performance feedback.
The Collections Strategies & Analytics department supports the various analytical and reporting requirements of the Collections Operations department. The department develops, implements and monitors strategies which are designed to assist customers that are past due on their account with the goal of mitigating credit losses. In addition to strategy development, the Collections Strategies & Analytics department provides analytical and reporting support related to the efficiency and efficacy of the Collections Operations department.
Responsibilities will include reporting, strategy support, strategy enhancements and other ad hoc analytics. Tasks will include, but are not limited to: reporting on performance, credit trends, performance metrics, strategy performance analytics, inventory management, development of new reporting tools, etc.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Open to Juniors, Seniors and Graduate
- Maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work up to 40 hours per week between 6/01/20 and 8/21/20 – Summer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent administrative skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and web-based applications.
- Strong follow through and multi-tasking skills, and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of SAS or SQL.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.