The Talent Attraction and Acquisition Specialist position will fulfill our full life cycle recruitment needs for Save the Children US, ensuring we are able to attract both qualified and engaged talent to deliver our mission for children at home and around the world. In this role, you will partner with hiring managers, HR Business Advisors, and the Senior Director of Talent Attraction and Acquisition to plan and execute creative recruiting strategies for each assigned search, with an unwavering commitment to delivering diverse and inclusive sourcing results. You will also provide outstanding internal and external service to job seekers, teammates, and staff, and thorough completion of each step in our recruitment process.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Sourcing and Screening (75%)
- Engage inclusive sourcing and screening methods for each search to ensure qualified and highly diverse slates of candidates are attracted and apply to Save the Children opportunities. Sourcing efforts should include outreach to passive candidates, constant discovery and outreach to new sources, and leveraging external and internal networks
- Conduct thorough prescreens of applicants to ensure that talent presented to hiring managers is appropriate for consideration, per technical qualifications and Save the Children behavioral competencies
- Complete reference checks and process background checks of finalist candidates, escalating any variances as per our process
Client Partnership (15%)
- In collaboration with HR Business Advisors, engage hiring managers throughout our recruitment process to gather critical information required to create and quickly execute a sourcing plan to identify, attract, and screen for talent that will fulfill the qualifications of the assigned position with a target average time to fill of 45 days
- Educate hiring managers on process details, including diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives as related to recruitment and interviewing
- Report and collaborate regularly regarding recruitment efforts to Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition, HR Business Advisor, and Hiring Managers
- Engage compensation team to provide analysis for each finalist
- Utilize ATS to extend offers to finalists
- Enter and update assigned requisition and accompanying job seeker files on a daily basis via our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), ensuring that all recruitment files are up to date and available and ready for inquiry at any time.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of information, compliance with internal procedures, and real-time, accurate, and thorough documentation of recruitment efforts, interview notes, pre-hire processes and completion of all necessary steps to report on and close out recruitment files
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience sourcing qualified talent using a variety of sources.
- Proven commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging, particularly as it relates to recruitment
- Demonstrated client service with a proven ability to build effective external and internal relationships and networks
- Demonstrated success in following established processes and attention to detail
- Proven knowledge of basic Human Resources principles and practices
- Professional proficiency in written and verbal communications in English
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems
- Proven time management, organization, and follow up skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.