HEALTH[at]SCALE is a rapidly growing post-Series A Silicon Valley-based healthcare machine intelligence startup founded by machine learning and clinical faculty with strong ties to MIT, Stanford, Harvard and U-Michigan. The company was one of Forbes’ “25 Machine Learning Startups to Watch” for 2019. Our mission is to bring precision delivery to healthcare through cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence that can predictively match the world’s patients to the right treatments by the right providers at the right times. HEALTH[at]SCALE’s machine intelligence platform and applications for care prediction are among the largest deployments to date of machine learning technologies for healthcare; helping leading organizations manage tens of millions of individuals in live production use. The company’s software solutions service a broad range of use cases for managed care, accountable care and self-insured organizations, including: early targeted prediction and prevention of adverse outcomes, optimizing care planning and guiding effective treatment; refining and navigating provider networks; and reducing fraud, waste and abuse. For more information, please visit our website.
- Design and implement new predictive machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Engineer machine intelligence systems and infrastructure for real-world production use at scale
- Improve the accuracy, runtime, scalability and reliability of machine intelligence systems
- Develop and implement machine intelligence platform APIs for multiple use-cases
- Drive architecture of platform and application capabilities embedding machine intelligence
- Build and enhance data pipelines and data warehouses for machine intelligence
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to provide engineering leadership to complex projects
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics and machine learning in academia or industry
- Strong understanding of the foundational concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Strong proficiency in Python and cloud computing environments
- In-depth knowledge and experience with distributed systems, relational databases, NoSQL
- Familiarity with big data technology stack (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with healthcare datasets (e.g., EHR/claims/omics/device/notes/image data)
HEALTH[at]SCALE offers competitive salary, stock options, 401k, high-quality health benefits (medical, dental and vision), parental leave benefits and flexible work hours. Our team matters deeply to us and we place great importance on maintaining a positive work-life balance and to empowering each other to maximally achieve our personal and professional goals. HEALTH[at]SCALE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: HEALTH[at]SCALE does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HEALTH[at]SCALE employees or any organization location. HEALTH[at]SCALE is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.