Digital Marketing Associates bring the Scholastic brand to life for customers, working on either the Digital Marketing, Content, or eCommerce teams. As a Digital Marketing Associate, you will play a vital role in developing, executing, and analyzing digital marketing, content, or merchandising campaigns targeting our parent and teacher audiences to drive traffic and sales. You’ll closely collaborate with other members of the Digital Services team and key internal partners to execute marketing strategies that effectively promote Scholastic products and content.
- Digital Marketing: The digital marketing team works to reach our parent and teacher customers across a wide array of owned, earned, and paid channels. As an associate on this team, you will help ensure that the needs of the business and customers are being met by following a campaign from ideation through execution. Associates on the product team proactively seek to understand each division’s business objectives and how they fit into the overall business strategy. They also serve as a contributing member of the digital marketing team, helping to do competitive analysis, understand our position relative to other campaigns in the market, monitor campaigns for KPI performance and optimization, launch A/B and proof-of-concept tests, and have a technical understanding of all our running feeds.
- eCommerce: The eCommerce team works at the heart of Scholastic’s direct to consumer businesses, ensuring customers are able to find what they are shopping for, and navigate to and through checkout. As an associate on this team, you will support key eCommerce functions including merchandising and marketing to drive intended business results, and have a chance to help develop innovative strategies for Scholastic’s eCommerce stores to reach our parent and educator audiences. Responsibilities include executing merchandising and marketing strategies that drive key eCommerce metrics such as average order value and conversion, ultimately growing online sales. Partnering with the digital marketing, content, design, and analytics teams, you will monitor results and conduct A/B tests to continually improve the customer experience on the eCommerce stores.
- Content Operations: The content operations team reaches customers daily through innovative content across many digital marketing channels. As an associate on this team, you will be responsible for producing best-in-class content for Scholastic’s parent and educator audience. This position plays a vital role in supporting eCommerce functions. The Content Operations team also serves our business units’ content needs and supports various company initiatives.
Experience with one or more of the following preferred:
- Experience with GSuite and Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with project tracking/documentation tools
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Proficiency in spreadsheet analysis and PowerPoint
- Business Intelligence and data visualization tools
- Web analytics tools (Google AdWords, Google Search Console, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
- Knowledge of publishing industry or multi-channel product management
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 100+ year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to “Open a World of Possible” for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Graduation date in Fall/Winter of 2021 or Spring/Summer of 2022
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in related field
- Excellent analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to manage competing priorities
- An ability to present and discuss information in a clear and compelling manner that promotes consensus.
- Passion for Data Driven decision making (“In Numbers We Trust” mindset)
- Must be energetic and self-motivated, responding to issues quickly with an open and positive attitude