SchoolHouse is a new, innovative education startup that helps families to form Learning Pods, and matches excellent teachers with those Pods. A Pod is a group of approximately 4 – 8 students, of the same or similar grade level, who are learning, growing, and socializing together. Pods run for up to five hours per day, five days per week. This is a great option for both families and teachers alike, as it allows for in-person instruction to happen throughout the upcoming school year in a safe, and contained environment.
Current Locations Include:
- New York (Brooklyn, Hudson, Long Island, Manhattan, & Westchester)
- Northern New Jersey
- California (San Francisco & San Jose)
- Washington DC
- Berkshires, MA
Also, if you don’t see your location listed, you can apply to join our Teacher Marketplace which is a platform where you will create a profile sharing your experience, grade-level preferences, and location. Then, families who are interested in creating a Pod in your area can select you as their teacher.
What We Have to Offer
By joining SchoolHouse, you’ll be able to realize all of the promises of teaching. First, you’ll be able to teach in-person, in a small, contained environment, which takes your health and safety into account. You’ll also only be working with a small group of students, which will allow you to really differentiate your instruction, and personalize your teaching to the individual needs of each student. And while you’ll be leading your Learning Pod on your own, you can feel confident knowing that you have the support of the SchoolHouse team behind you.
Mindsets and Experience
- Passion for education
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- At least two years of previous teaching experience
- Professional demeanor and excellent organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and drive for excellence
- Create curriculum and lesson plans that meet the needs of the students in your Pod
- Teach engaging, rigorous, and relevant lessons daily
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including students, families, and SchoolHouse staff
- Assume a high level of personal responsibility for the students in your Pod
- Assume a high level of personal responsibility for the progress of all students
- Respond to the needs of the families and students in your Pod
Benefits and Compensation
Teachers at SchoolHouse are provided with a generous, full-time salary, oftentimes above the district
As a regular full-time employee of SchoolHouse, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental and vision, as well as a retirement benefit package.
SchoolHouse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, citizenship or disability.