Title: Senior Property Accountant
Company: Seagis Property Group LP
Location: Conshohocken, PA or Miramar, FL
Employment: Full Time
Seagis Property Group was formed in 2005 as an industrial real estate operating platform within select warehouse markets on the East Coast. The company is a leading owner of warehouse/distribution buildings in Northern/Central New Jersey, New York City, and Miami/Fort Lauderdale. Our investment strategy is focused on the acquisition of strategically located industrial buildings that will have an enduring niche within their markets for years to come. We also acquire land for development which provides the opportunity to add newly constructed buildings to our portfolio. Today, Seagis owns and operates 187 buildings totaling nearly 12 million square feet and servicing approximately 750 tenants. We are headquartered in suburban Philadelphia (Conshohocken PA) and have four regional offices in Lyndhurst NJ, Brooklyn NY, JFK Airport, and Miramar FL (Miami). The company currently totals 36 team members.
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for all the accounting for an assigned set of properties owned by Seagis, including but not limited to, cash receipts and tenant revenue, reviewing operating expenses, month and year end close process, variance reporting and financial statement preparation, and building strong relationships with our accounting and property management teams.
· Review new leases/renewals/amendments for assigned properties to ensure tenants are billed accurately. Work closely with Lease Administrator to enter correct billing estimates and security deposits.
· Prepare bank reconciliations and post journal entries monthly to account for all necessary transactions for each property.
· Review General Ledger, AP/AR Aging, and Security Deposit reports monthly to identify any reconciling items.
· Monitor cash accounts for all activity and ensure monthly debt payment is paid and recorded timely.
· Generate financial statements for each property and work with Property Management team on variance explanations and/or possible reclassifications if needed.
· Work with Capital teams to understand costs associated with capital spending for upcoming cash needs.
· Prepare budgets and work closely with Property Management team for operating expenses and capital expenditures.
· Prepare annual and periodic CAM Reconciliations for tenants.
· Generate and submit lender reporting packages quarterly and at year end.
· Assist controllers in preparing schedules needed for year end financial audit.
· Work with Capital team on tracking capital spending in Job Cost.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree required.
· Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications required.
· Experience with Yardi preferred.
· Must have strong property accounting knowledge and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Detail-oriented and results-oriented with a desire to constantly learn.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and
· Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively
interface with all departments of the company in a highly professional manner.
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Competitive salary and best in class health benefits.
· Unique opportunity to join a fast growing company in an exciting industry.