Selah Freedom is a Faith-Based, Regional organization providing education and training throughout the country, as well as teen prevention, outreach, and safe housing in the Midwest and Southeast regions of the United States. Selah Freedom’s headquarters is located in Sarasota, Florida. Selah Freedom exists to end sex trafficking and bring freedom to the exploited.
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God
revealing the love of God to the world.
2. We believe that there is one God, existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth and in
His sinless life.
4. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe that man and women were created in the image of God in their biological forms.
6. We believe salvation only comes through Jesus.
7. We believe God has called us to live out our faith with care for one another and justice for
Collaboration, Gratitude, Communication, Balance, Ownership
The Operations Intern will gain knowledge and experience by supporting Selah Freedom’s Operations Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain understanding of day-today nonprofit operations through:
- Supporting maintenance for residential properties
- Gaining knowledge of technical writing through policy, procedure and manual creation
- Developing collaboration skills by facilitating projects between Operations and other departments
- Learning about volunteer management through aiding in the coordination of volunteer service days at Residential campuses
- Organizing, sorting, and transporting donations in collaboration with the needs of other departments
- Gaining understanding of vendor relations by assisting in the creation and obtainment of contact agreements with all vendors
- Learning about company vehicle management by supporting the Operations Coordinator
- Providing phone and laptop support
- Ordering, storing, and organizing all office supplies/furniture
- Organizing files
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Administrative experience, preferred
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Clean driving record, preferred