Senseware is looking for a Junior Sales Engineer/Project Manager to join our rapidly growing Internet of Things SaaS company that is making noise as one of Washington DC’s hottest startups. Senseware is a first of its kind technology platform that gives building owners and engineers access to real-time data on indoor air quality, energy consumption, water leaks, and more. Senseware was named Top 10 IoT companies by the Launch Festival and received the Innovation Award from Washington Business Journal. Our CEO was named Top 40 Power Women of DC Tech and one of Forbes 50 women-lead startups who crush tech. The company has been awarded 43 patents.
The Junior Sales Engineer/Project Manager at Senseware encompasses a variety of roles, each with unique and satisfying challenges.
The position has a need for assistance in sales engineering. This will involve interfacing with potential and existing customers to find solutions to fit their specific needs as well as troubleshooting current installations. You will also interface with the sales and development teams to understand and help deploy new technologies.
He/she is responsible for:
- Sell complex scientific and technological products and services to businesses
- Acquire extensive knowledge of Senseware’s product parts and functions and understand the scientific processes that make Senseware products work
- Use technical skills to explain the benefits of our products or services to potential customers and show how our products and services are superior to competitors’ products.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining our products and services to existing customers and prospective customers to show how we solve the customer’s problem
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Understand technical requirements from customers and modify and adjust products to meet customers’ specific needs.
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Work with research and development (R&D) departments to help identify and develop new products
In interfacing with clients as needed, the applicant will need to communicate ideas and constraints clearly and effectively in a supportive manner.
In addition, the position has a need for overseeing and organizing the deployment of large scale projects. This will involve coordinating the installation of thousands of units across multiple installation sites and ensuring proper setup of equipment.
He/she is responsible for:
- Coordination of hardware deployment and installation schedules at multiple project sites
- Onsite project support at multiple location to facilitate hardware installation
- Monitoring installation health to prevent multiple site visits to the same location
- Support the customer in deploying the solution from a device standpoint but also in learning how use the Senseware Platform
- Troubleshoot installation issues remotely and onsite
- Strong & open communication skills
- Well organized & strong work ethic
- Ability to work well in a team & independently
- Desire to be challenged and persevere, and be a problem-solver
- Grit & excellent attention to detail
- Can combine technical knowledge of the products or services with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions, possibly including customizing a product
- Desire to work in a startup environment, with proactive mindset and minimum need for supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- 0-5 years of experience
- Not a remote position, located or able to relocate to Vienna, VA/DC area.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Architectural Engineering or related field
- Experience with building mechanical and electrical equipment and systems, HVAC system control applications, control system hardware and software products
- Experience in project management
- Experienced with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
What we offer:
- You’ll be joining a group of smart and kind people that want to help each other thrive
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Fun and entrepreneurial culture
- Health, dental, and vision, short and long term disability
- Stock options
- 401(k) Plan
- Company social gatherings
- Unlimited PTO
- Office Snacks
Senseware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.