Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a talented software engineering intern to join our web team for 10-12 weeks over Summer 2021. This position is remote.
You’ll work with Shaper’s web engineers on a variety of projects including Shaper’s core web services that support our tools and online services such as ShaperHub. You’ll also get a chance to work on prototyping new features!
At Shaper, interns are given real deliverables that impact our current and future products – all interns are expected to contribute to our company’s success in the same way we expect our full-time employees to.
- Work with our web engineering team
- Work on new and existing features for online services such as ShaperHub
- Are a current university student graduating after Summer 2021
- Love to build responsive and performant software for the web
- Are passionate about user experienceHave a working knowledge of Git or other version control systems
- Are good at problem solving and debugging
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (English
- Are excited to explore an entirely new field and develop products that real users will depend on!
- You’ve worked with modern front-end frameworks (such as React, Vue, or Angular)
- You’ve deployed software for real world projects
- You’re comfortable with Node.js
- You’ve worked on full stack projects from the front end through the API and database.
- You love to build things (especially using wood!)
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your web work or projects is required.