As a Growth Equity Investing Summer Analyst, you will work closely with our senior deal professionals at every stage of the investment process, from company sourcing to deal execution. SGE summer interns are actively working on live deals, performing company analysis, and involved in deal execution from day 1. This opportunity offers a comprehensive introduction to growth equity investing within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You will quickly gain valuable experience as you perform financial analysis, engage with entrepreneurs, and evaluate potential investments. Exceptional summer analysts will be considered for full-time opportunities at SGE, contingent on graduation.
Interns will participate in a comprehensive two-week training program at the start of the internships to teach them the skills necessary to be a successful analyst. Prior investment experience is not required or expected for candidates.
What You’ll Do
- Analyzing financial statements of active and prospective investments
- Assisting in due diligence for potential new investments, including market research, analysis of industry trends, talking to customers and industry experts, and financial analysis
- Sourcing new investment opportunities by reaching out to CEOs
- Constructing presentation materials for the firm and its portfolio companies
- Assisting in the development of detailed financial analysis to evaluate investment opportunities
- Supporting new portfolio companies on growth initiatives
About Susquehanna Growth Equity
Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE) is a growth equity fund focused on software/SaaS, data, internet, healthcare technology, and financial technology in the United States, Europe, and Israel. SGE has invested in 60+ platform companies since 2006, currently managing more than $2 billion in assets as it invests out of its sixth fund.
SGE approaches the market with a core thesis that the ongoing electronification of transactions and information will transform businesses across industries. As investors, the firm identifies and works with companies offering the innovations and solutions driving this trend. To learn more about SGE’s investment approach, team, and portfolio, visit www.sgep.com.
What we’re looking for
- Impressive academic record
- Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, and uncompromising attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Superb critical thinking ability and demonstrated leadership experience
- Outgoing personality and willingness to market the firm through outbound email/calling programs, networking, and thesis-based company outreach
- Collaborative and proactive approach with the confidence and capability to act autonomously
- Strong interest in technology
- Will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
SIG does not post salary information, so any salary information you find online may not be accurate because it was not provided or verified by SIG.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.