We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Working as a Deep Learning Research Engineer Intern at Signify is dynamic. You will work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge and high-tech impact with the world of lighting. We have over 16,000 patents and invest around 5% of our sales in R&D. We are looking for technical professionals who will take our innovations and help us invent the future of lighting.
This internship is a part of Signify’ s Research team located in Cambridge, MA. They are considered a center of excellence on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning Innovation for Signify. The team works together with the Signify global Research, businesses and functions on AI/ML. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving AI/M innovations for systems, new IoT propositions, and innovative apps. You will learn and apply new cutting-edge techniques that will be rewarding for your career. With a great freedom to innovate, you will play an active role and grow yourself on AI and ML.
We’re looking for a Deep Learning Research Engineer Intern, working during the summer of 2021. You will be responsible for working on projects related to Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, object detection, and state of the art Machine Learning Algorithms.
As a Deep Learning Research Engineer Intern, you will work from June 7th to August 2th. These are not fixed dates and can be adjusted. This internship could also lead to a full time at-will position
What you’ll do
- Develop supervised/unsupervised deep learning algorithms for time series event detection and classification.
- Detect outliers and abnormal events from the time series data with different modalities.
- Optimize the algorithm and build a demo to show event detection and recognition.
What you’ll need
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- PhD or master student with a focus in computer science, engineering, or other related disciplines. Research focus on Bayesian inference and machine learning is highly preferred.
- Good software engineering skills with C, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with a deep learning framework such as SKLearns, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Experience with time series data and algorithms, like audio cognition, etc.
What you’ll get in return…
- Hands-on experience on working with real-world IoT sensor-data
- Work with a diverse Research team to apply cutting-edge lighting solutions in a wide variety of applications
- Contribute to Intellectual Property (Patents and Trade-secrets) and publish in top peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Opportunity to learn and apply techniques to real world problems.
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #LI-FM1 #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife